Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, November 19, 2010

Change in plans

I know that I said I was going to do "how to use your food supply for your Holiday meals"...or something of that nature, as the theme for this month. But as I was sitting in Stake conference that happened to be a State wide broadcast, something the first speaker and member of the 70 said hit me hard and I knew then that I was to change my plan and prepare our ward in a financial direction instead. He said, "there are too many, even within the church, that are living on the edge of their income or even on barrowed money".

*Bam!

Like a ton of bricks. I knew then, my course needed to change. All the while I was trying to figure out why ideas for my origional plan weren't coming, I suddenly knew that it was because I needed to redirect my focus. Once I did, the creative juices just started flowing! So last week amidst my preparing a talk for sacrament meeting as well as a segment I was asked to speak in for Young Mens (both of which went very well despite myself), I created these fun handouts.



After standing up and giving my piece on this, and sharing the above quote from a man of God, I told them the purpose of this month was to encourage us all, as the Christmas gift giving and black Friday approach, to make a budget and stick to it. To concentrate on living within our means. I then bore my testimony of the blessings that are ours as we listen to these men of God and follow their counsil. Whether or not it was well recieved (which it seemed to be) I did what I was inspired to do and I believe many will be blessed for the reminder. I for one will be one of them!


Until Later, have a Provident week!

No comments: