Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin

Last Sunday Jeremy helped me pull these handouts together.

We made 2 batches of pumpkin cookies with mini-chocolate chips and packaged them up. The header says "have your pumpkin and eat it too" to encourage everyone to cook/bake for the holidays using items they would have regularly stocked in their food storage. On the back I included two websites for them to refer to to help save money and stock up as well. The idea is to build your supply as you use it in a frugal way.

     As you can see on the packaging, I actually made a mistake and noticed too late into the process. So when I made my announcement, I apologized and joked that it was a reminder that we all make mistakes an I, for one, am far from perfect! They were a big hit.
   This is also my last Provident living post as my position in our ward has changed. I'm looking forward to serving now as second counselor in the YoungWomen's organization. As my post will evolve and change in content, please refer to all my ideas as often as you wish. I know they were all inspired for our ward and situation and encourage you, as you seek to fulfill your callings, to pray for guidance. I know He will direct you as he did me. I'm grateful for my experience in this calling because it has just increased my testimony that Heavenly Father will bless and inspire us as we seek his guidance in all positions we serve in. He wants us to be successful as we are diligent in his service. This was a calling I could do nothing or little with (as I did for 1 1/2 years) or take to the highest capacity possible (which I did for the last year and a half). It has been a great blessing in my life to see His hand in all things.
I want to leave you with my pinterest account information and refer you to my Provident Living Folder. This is in hopes that you will find even more inpiration for your calling and individual situation.
We are blessed when we are prayerful!

1 comment:

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Those look so delicious! And like your packaging too!